With the expansion of the internet, wired and wireless networks, PCs, smartphones and tablets, chances for PC based crime are growing, and law enforcement is expanding resources to these cases.
A cyber crime is a crime where a computer is used to commit an offense or is itself the object of the crime. Stated differently, a cyber crime is criminal activity that involves the use of a computer, servers, and the internet.
A cyber criminal can perpetrate crimes from anywhere in the world.
- Obtaining National Security Information;
- Computer Intrusion and Obtaining Information;
- Malware & phishing offences;
- Trespassing in a Government Computer;
- Cloning investigations;
- Computer Intrusion to Defraud and Obtain Value;
- Computer damaging;
- Spreading viruses;
- Identify theft;
- Bootlegging and tripping;
- Trafficking in Passwords;
- Threatening to damage a Computer;
- Internet Fraud, Online Fraud, Email Fraud.